I fell off of the wagon. I’d love to say that I didn’t and that taking the month of February off from my Happiness project was part of some brilliant bigger plan. The truth is, I just didn’t do it. Yes, things did get a little busy between work and the kids schedule, but I also just wasn’t feeling it for some reason.
That’s it. No really, it is that simple. No excuses.
Moving on to my January update. My focus was Look Good, Feel Good and it was my most successful month to date (yeah!).
As a reminder, here were the January resolutions:
- Eat well and drink plenty of water
- Work out daily
- Do not bite or peel fingernails
- Use teeth whitening pre-wash and mouthwash
The only resolution I struggled with was using teeth whitening pre-wash daily. Between pre-washing, flossing, brushing for two minutes and mouthwash, cleaning my teeth has become quite the chore! In the morning, I’m usually rushing so skip the pre-wash to save time. In the evening, I’m so ready to get in the bed and relax, that I often skip it then too. Oh well, it’s not like I’m skipping teeth brushing altogether or anything!
Now for March (What do you do when you fall of the wagon? Get back on it!)
Focus: Stress Less
With Spring right around the corner, and the hustle and bustle of Summer right behind that, now is as good a time as any to work on some stress management strategies. In addition to that, it is really difficult feel happy and stressed at the same time – at least it is for me so this fits nicely within my Happiness project. There are a few things that are sure to put me in a stressful space. The number one thing is when I feel rushed. And typically, when I feel rushed, it is because I either haven’t planned appropriately or I haven’t given myself enough time to do whatever needs to be done. I also feel stress when I allow myself to become overwhelmed by a lengthy to do list. You know that feeling when you have so much to do, that you almost feel paralyzed and then proceed to get nothing done? Well, that’s me from time to time. Lastly, I feel stress when I don’t put my best foot forward on something.
- Wake up early – give myself some extra time to get myself organized for the day and ample time to get ready without having to rush
- Daily prayer/meditation time – something about spending quiet time with God just puts me at ease (this is a repeat resolution but I could use another conscious reminder to make this a daily priority)
- Take one step at a time – when I feel overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done, shift focus on getting one thing done and then move on to something else and get that done (repeat until the overwhelming sensation passes)
- Don’t procrastinate – make it happen!
- Do my best