Whoa! April absolutely flew by – can’t believe it is already time for my monthly Happiness Project update.
Here were the April resolutions:
- Clean the kitchen and tidy up common areas before bed each night
- Put clothes away in bedrooms each day
- Buy fresh flowers
- De-clutter closets & storage areas
- Don’t buy things that add back the clutter that I remove
Unlike March, April wasn’t quite the stellar month that I had hoped it would be. To focus on the positive, I did manage to go to bed with a clean kitchen almost every night, keep clothes put away in the bedroom (although things did go a little haywire this past week) and kept a vase of fresh flowers on the counter. I did so-so with de-cluttering. I managed to fill two large bags with too small clothes and old shoes and sent off for donation. There is still quite a bit of de-cluttering, tidying up and organizing to do though, so these things will stay on the to do list.
My house doesn’t quite stand up to greet me as much as I would like, but it is still home.
On to May…
Focus: See the Good
This month, I am focusing on seeing the good in everything. I am generally not a complainer, but on occasion I do find myself focusing more on the things that I am not happy about (like my cluttered office!) and less on the things that are going well. It is no secret that when we have a spirit of gratitude and acknowledge all of the good in our lives, life just gets that much better.
- Do not complain
- Throughout each day, keep a list of the good things that happen, the good things that I notice about my surroundings and the good things that I do/accomplish
Have you thought about starting a Happiness Project or do you have one underway? Tell me about it!